TheTourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Driver/Messenger – Kingston
Under the direction of the Office Manager the Driver/Messenger dispatches mails, transports employees, equipment, and materials for the company.
- Collects and dispatches local and overseas mails.
- Transports equipment and other supplies for the office as directed.
- Transports company employees as directed by supervisor.
- Runs errands for the company.
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is always roadworthy and properly maintained by:
- Obtaining adequate fuel
- Checking the vehicle’s licence, insurance and fitness certificate regularly to ensure that these are in order.
- Checks the vehicle daily to ensure that signalling and braking systems, oil, water, brake fluid, spare tires and other accessories are adequate and in good condition.
- Takes the vehicle to the workshop when necessary
- Prepares reports of any accidents in which the vehicle is involved for submission to the Office Manager.
- Maintain awareness of road conditions to avoid delays when on assignment
- Performs any other related duties when required.
- Excellent driving skills
- Good knowledge of the corporate area and Jamaica’s geographical area
- Good ability to work with other team members to achieve team goals
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of confidentiality
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary school leaving certificate
- Three years’ experience as a driver with a general motor vehicle license.
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Human Resource Officer no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2022.
We thank all respondents, but only short listed persons will be contacted.