Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated, results oriented and qualified professional to fill the following vacancy:
Internal Audit Officer – Kingston
Under the supervision of the Audit Manager, the Internal Audit Officer assists in ensuring that established policies and procedures are adhered to and systems of internal controls are adequate.
• Conducts audits of the operational policies, procedures and internal controls of TPDCo and its affiliates.
• Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with best practice and regulatory criteria.
• Assists in the review of controls relating to computer hardware and equipment, Local Area Networks, database administration, technical support, systems development, etc.
• Assists in the following reviews: security, risk mitigation, disaster recovery and business continuity plans, etc.
• Assists in the assessment of EDP operations.
• Assists with the review of TPDCo’s webpage and related processes and arrangements made with external parties.
• Examines and analyzes records, reports and databases to ensure effectiveness of accounting and managerial controls, accuracy of information reported and compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
• Reports to the Chief Audit & Risk Executive on audit assignments, providing recommendations for the strengthening of internal control systems and general improvements in the efficiency, effectiveness and economy of operations and their compliance with corporate policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
• Performs follow-up audits to assess the degree of implementation of corrective actions and to provide the Chief Audit & Risk Executive with updates on same.
• Facilitates work with external auditors.
• Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Sound judgment and good analytical skills.
• Good understanding of internal control systems.
• Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• Thoroughness and an eye for details.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Computer related area / or ACCA Level II / or MCSA or MCDBA
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (would be an asset)
• Achieved or pursuing CIA
• A minimum of five years working experience in the auditing or computer field.
• ACL trained
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2022
Subject: Internal Audit Officer – Kingston