Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated, results oriented and qualified professional to fill the following vacancy:
Product Quality – Craft Officer: Montego Bay
Under the supervision of the Product Quality Manager, the Product Quality Craft Officer will monitor and assess all entity types in the tourism sector, including craft markets. The objective of monitoring and assessing all tourism entities is to facilitate their development in compliance with Jamaican regulatory requirements and Jamaican and international industry standards. Product Quality Craft Officers are further charged with collaborating with the craft associations, craft producers, craft vendors and all relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies in facilitating the development of Jamaica’s craft sector for tourism.
- Assesses all tourism entities, prepares written reports on findings and facilitates change by providing corrective action inclusive of Incentive inspection.
- Liaises with government agencies in order to assist the sector regarding compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Provides relevant information to sector from research.
- Provides information regarding training needs for the sector and facilitates awareness programmes where applicable.
- Targets assessments annually, quarterly, monthly and weekly to ensure targets meet projections for the budgetary year set by the department.
- Provides written consultation reports to entities on request.
- Attends meetings, seminars, workshops and other activities of the department. Informs Manager and Director of issues/problems and solution.
- Provides interim/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Update PQ Tourism Entity Assessment Manager TEAM with all entities assessed and dispatch assessment summary sheets to the Licence Processing Unit within 24 hours of a quality assurance assessment (QAA).
- Initiates and implements programmes to facilitate improvement of product standards within all sectors.
- Initiates and implements programmes to facilitate quality services within the tourism sector.
- Performance of any other duties as directed by management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written format
- Sound knowledge of regulations governing the Tourism Sector
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems.
- Knowledge of Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Knowledge of hotel, attraction operations.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Social Sciences and training in Hotel Management.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in the tourism sector or in a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel and tourism sector.
- Sound knowledge of the food, beverage and entertainment functions applicable in the tourism field.
- Minimum three years’ experience working with the craft sector.
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 25, 2023
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.