Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Product Quality-Watersports Officer: Ocho Rios
Under the supervision of the Product Quality Manager – Ocho Rios, the Product Quality-Watersports Officer monitors and assess water sports and water-based entities in the tourism sector in order to facilitate development of tourism facilities and services and facilitate the development of the tourism product via consultation with operators and relevant agencies.
- Assess all water sports and water based tourism entities, prepare written reports on findings and facilitate change by providing recommended corrective action.
- Assess all tourism entities (hotels, non-hotels, car rental, bike rental, in-bond shops, travel halls, attractions, tour operators) and prepare written reports on findings and facilitate change by providing recommended corrective action
- Prepare and update the list of operating entities with a view to having all being licensed by the Jamaica Tourist Board and the River Rafting Authority respectively.
- Be responsible for implementing seizure procedures to deal with unlicensed watersport/waterbased operations
- Liaise with government agencies in order to assist the sector regarding compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps abreast of international standards and practices in water sports, review literature and information on new developments in trends, equipment and accessories and inform on possible implications for water sports/River Rafting operations in Jamaica.
- Submit reports on each operation; reports should contain recommendations or corrective actions to be taken.
- Follow up results of assessments and assist to expedite corrective action.
- Liaise with other departments internally to establish/address water sports/River Rafting concerns or related matters.
- Draft briefs for the attention of the director indicating new developments and recommending improvements and changes to local standards.
- Provide information regarding training needs for the sector and facilitate awareness programmes where applicable.
- Prepare follow up correspondence to operators regarding problems observed and the recommendation and/or corrective actions as per assessment report
- Perform assessments annually, quarterly, monthly, and weekly to ensure targets meet projections for the budgetary year set by the department.
- Oversees the Department’s operation in the region.
- Provide written consultation reports to the entities on request.
- Attend relevant meetings, seminars, workshops and other activities of the company as directed by the department’s director
- Inform managers and director of issues/problems and solutions.
- Provide monthly reports on sector.
- Assists in the training/annual assessment of target groups involved in Water sports/Water Based/River Rafting attractions.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the executive director/director of the department.
Technical & Professional Responsibilities
- Provides technical advice and on site instructions to Watersports/Water Based/River Rafting personnel island wide
- Initiates and implements programmes to facilitate improvement of product standards within the sector.
- Initiates and implements programmes to facilitate quality services within the tourism sector.
- Leadership competencies
· Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written format.
· Sound knowledge of the regulations governing the tourism sector
· Sound knowledge of the regulations governing the Watersports/Water Based tourism activities.
· Sound knowledge of Environmental Management systems
· Knowledge of the coastline and hazardous areas.
· Communications skills, patience and tolerance
· Attention to details.
· Good time management skills
· Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
· Ability to lead/supervise Junior Staff
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Tourism
- Minimum of five (5) years working within the Watersports Sector
- Knowledge of the Marine Environment, operations and maintenance of boats, Scuba equipment, Air compressors, parasailing equipment and sailing equipment
- Ability to efficiently conduct audits
- Certificate in Scuba Diving and Scuba Inspection
- And /Or commensurate qualifications determined suitable by the TPDCo.
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, August 25, 2023
Subject: Product Quality-Watersports Officer
We thank all respondents; however, only short-listed persons will be contacted.