Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Public Relations Officer
Under the general direction of the coordinator – Corporate Communications & Community Awareness, the Public Relations Officer is responsible for providing assistance and support to the development, implementation and evaluation of the Tourism Product Development’s public relations plans, programmes and strategies.
- Assists the Coordinator, Corporate Communications & Community Awareness in planning, coordinating, and executing Public Relations activities and events to promote a positive image of TPDCo.
- Provides logistical coordination and on-site support for all TPDCo related events island-wide from concept to completion.
- Liaises with Divisional and Agencies Heads, Committee chairs, co-facilitates various event-related committees, as required.
- Research and draft Media Advisories, speeches, and briefs for senior executives in the TPDCo for the approval of the coordinator.
- Assists with writing and distributing news releases announcing important TPDCo information and events.
- Responds to enquiries from the public, media, and other organizations.
- Proofreads print and broadcast copy of communication for grammatical and typographical errors.
- Coordinates mass-mailings of internal and external communication materials.
- Organizes and represents the TPDCo at events including press conferences and launches, exhibitions, open days, functions and press tours etc;
- Provides off site public relations coverage for the Minister, Executive Director and Senior executives and other tourism related events
- Manages and supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of web content to ensure the company’s website reflects currency and accuracy.
o Identify content gaps or ideas for new content area
o Curating blog posts
o Define known opportunities for site improvement and refresh the website by monitoring discussions, updating content, preparing articles and site reviews, developing new features.
- Assists in the coordination of Social Media campaigns and day-to-day activities to include, but not limited to:
o the monitoring, listening and responding to users in a “Social” way while cultivating interest.
o Promoting the TPDCo’s policies, programmes and initiatives through social media, ensuring consistency across all platforms
o Assisting with Creating, curating, and managing all published content (images, videos and written)
o Assisting in designing, creating, and managing promotions and social ad campaigns.
- Prepares newsletters for internal and external audiences
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive Thinking: Energetic and enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude. Deals with issues in a proactive manner.
- Must be able to work well independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to work productively with design and content generating teams and vendors
- Understanding of the fundamentals of environmental assessment, planning and evaluation
- Knowledge of effective Web authoring practices and presentation techniques
- Experience working with web pages and content management systems (HTML useful but not essential, full training on our CMS will be given where necessary
- Working knowledge of basic composition, page layout, art and presentation packages
- Understanding of internet channels, trends, user behaviour, research etc
- Proficiency in office software tools: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Media/Communication Studies, Mass Communication, Journalism, or a related discipline.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a Public Relations/Media and communications environment.
- Experience in web design and content creation is an advantage
- Prior experience in tourism is an asset.
OR “Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2022.
Subject:Public Relations Officer
We thank all respondents, but only short-listed persons will be contacted.