Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated, qualified and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Senior Project Manager – Kingston
Under the direction of the Director of Projects, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible to drive the infrastructural aspect of the development of the tourism product within the resort areas; this involves coordinating, planning, programming and managing the project portfolio of the regions in order to ensure that programmes/projects are in accordance with the Tourism Master Plan and the themed concept of the region.
- Leads project development planning and monitoring relating to the resort areas
- Collaborates with government and non-government entities to facilitate approvals required for the efficient implementation of projects.
- Directly manages the planning and implementation of major projects and programmes
- Make representation for the approval of contracts
- Provides management oversight for project/programme activities.
- Provides the Director of Projects with technical advice as deem fit and contribute to the planning of project/programme activities
- Carries out technical and financial assessment of project proposals that are submitted in pursuance of funding from the TEF and Ministry of Finance.
- Prepares corporate plans, budgets and other financial information as required
- Prepares project proposals as required
- Prepares periodic briefs and reports as requested
- Ensures that attention is directed at programmes documented in the Master Plan for Sustainable Tourism Development for the resort areas.
- Assists with the conceptualization and development of projects.
- Makes recommendations for the efficient operation of the project management process in the department.
- Supervise Project Managers and Officers for the region
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong personal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and manage project documentation.
- Proficiency with electronic project management software
- Strong team player skills
- Excellent reasoning power/ judgement
- Good knowledge of public sector regulations/ procedures for procurement and investment.
- Good knowledge of legislative framework for investment and tourism development.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Construction Management; Project Management or Architecture Engineering.
- Five (5) years’ experience in managing construction and landscape related projects
Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience
Applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, September 1, 2023.
Subject: Senior Project Manager – Kingston
We thank all respondents, but only shortlisted persons will be contacted.